Chicken Enchilada Soup RecipeCategory: Mexican Soup Recipes
Delicious to eat, easy to prepare.
Ingredients of the Recipe:
1. 1 quart chicken broth
2. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3. 3 cups water divided
4. 1 clove garlic minced
5. 1 cup enchilada sauce
6. 1 cup masa harina
7. 1 teaspoon salt
8. 1/2 cup diced onion
9. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
10. 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
11. 1 teaspoon chili powder
12. 1 pound skinless chicken breast halves
Method of Preparation:
1. Brown chicken breast in oil on all sides. Take them out and keep aside. Cook onion and garlic in oil until the onion becomes translucent and add to it chicken broth.
2. Whip masa harina and 2 cups water until mixed well. Add the whipped mixture to the pot with salt, chili powder, remaining 1 cup water, enchilada sauce, Cheddar, cumin and boil for sometime.
3. Cut the cooked chicken into pieces and place in the pot. Reduce the heat and boil gently for 40 minutes.