Cuernitos (Mexican Wedding Cookies) RecipeCategory: Mexican Cookie Recipes
1. Flour (2c)
2. finely chopped or pecans or ground almonds (1c)
3. powdered sugar (1/2c)
4. almond extract (2tsp)
5. salt (1/4tsp)
6. softened butter (1c)
7. vanilla extract (1tsp)
Method of preparation:-
1. First heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Take a large bowl, add butter, powdered sugar and extracts in it. Beat them well until the mixture gets fluffy.
2. Mix flour, almonds or pecans and salt in it. Mix properly to make dough of this mixture. Make small balls of about 1 inch of dough.
3. Take ungreased cookie sheet; place the balls of dough on it. Place the sheet in oven and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. When the cookies get set then take out the sheet from oven and slightly cool the cookies. Now roll them in powdered sugar. Keep them to cool completely and then again roll them in sugar.
Number of servings – 15