Stuffed Mexican Chicken RecipeCategory: Mexican Chicken Recipes
A stuffed chicken recipe that one can enjoy any time, on any occasion.
Ingredients of the Recipe:
1. shredded Cheddar cheese divided (1 cup)
2. crushed corn flakes (2 cups)
3. dry fajita seasoning (1.27 ounce packet)
4. chopped red bell pepper (1/4 cup)
5. chili powder (1 tablespoon)
6. chopped yellow bell pepper (1/4 cup)
7. chopped fresh mushrooms (1/3 cup)
8. red onion diced (1/2 medium)
9. chopped orange bell pepper (1/4 cup)
10. skinless chicken breast halves pounded thin (4)
12. salsa (1/4 cup)
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat up the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the baking dish. Cream the chili powder, fajita seasoning and corn flakes in a bowl.
2. Put the mushrooms, red bell pepper, onion, yellow bell pepper and orange bell pepper in another bowl and mix. Put the chicken in the mixture of corn flakes and evenly coat.
3. Put 2 tablespoons of Cheddar cheese on the each of the breast halves and then use 1/4 of the vegetable mixture for forming a layer on it. Use the salsa for the toppings.
4. After rolling the chicken breasts over the filling, use the toothpicks to seal the seam. Then cover evenly with the corn flakes mixture.
5. Put the chicken breasts on the baking dish and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Use the remaining cheese for doing the topping and bake for 10 minutes. Take it out of the oven when the cheese melts completely.